Hope for Fannie Mae (FNMA) and Freddie Mac (FMCC) with Ben Carson’s Joining HUD
Federal National Mortgage Assctn Fnni Me (OTCMKTS:FNMA) and Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp (OTCMKTS:FMCC) is back in limelight again after Housing wire reported that Ben Carson will be the secretary for U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Earlier, on Tuesday President elect Donald Trump had tweeted that he was seriously considering Ben Carson for HUD.
I am seriously considering Dr. Ben Carson as the head of HUD. I've gotten to know him well–he's a greatly talented person who loves people!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 22, 2016
Ben Carson will play a key role in defining the policies that will affect housing market in near future. Mr. Carson had stated that “We have much work to do in strengthening every aspect of our nation and ensuring that both our physical infrastructure and our spiritual infrastructure is solid.” on Facebook page.
Carson had provided some views during his run for Republic Nomination. Below are the key takeaways
1) Removal of home mortgage interest deductions
2) Removing inefficient federal programs or decreasing spending, Carson had spoken in favor of privatizing Fannie Mae (FNMA) and Freddie Mac (FMCC) in his six-page document. Carson extensively spoke about “A Balanced Budget for a Stronger America” which focuses on spending cuts worth $5.5 trillion over the next decade.
The savings will primarily come from repealing of Obamacare, elimination of corporate welfare, reduction of government’s interference in energy sector, and privatizing housing giants Fannie Mae (FNMA) and Freddie Mac (FMCC).
3) Fair housing rule of U.S. department of Housing and Urban Development
Subsidized housing and affordable housing has been in crisis. Carson’s appointment might bring in a new ray of hope for the homeless, low income and senior Americans.
Latest posts by Viraj Shah (see all)
- Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA)’s Elon Musk Is Going After Semi Truck Industry - November 17, 2017 04:37 AM PDT
- Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) Is Not “Hotbed for Racist Behavior” - November 15, 2017 06:58 AM PDT
- Nikola Tesla and Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) – The Past & Future of the World You Cannot Ignore- Part 1 - May 15, 2017 05:11 AM PDT