Trending GSE Reads This Week: FNMA, FMCC
A busy week for news for Federal National Mortgage Assctn Fnni Me (OTCMKTS:FNMA), and Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp (OTCMKTS:FMCC). Here’s a quick recap of trending GSE reads from this past week that you definitely should not miss!
- Our own Viraj Shah takes “A Look at the Use of Executive Privilege“, given the Obama Administration has formally decided to use it.
- ValueWalk publishes an email from Bruce Berkowitz to his Fairholme Fund Shareholders Celebrating the latest GSE Victories.
- Glen Bradford on SeekingAlpha looks at Post Oral Arguments and how they Demonstrate Value in the Securities of FNMA and FMCC.
- I look at the Hypocrisy in the Bailout Terms for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- The Miami Herald looks at the fight by the Fairholme Fund to undo the Net Worth Sweep and Fight for Shareholder Rights. They point out that shareholder rights and the 30 year mortgage are at stake.
- The costs of Fannie Mae’s Headquarters are rising calling attention to the new 679K square-foot headquarters that will cost $151 million, more then the $115 million initially projected. (SeekingAlpha)
- Richard Epstein, Professor of Law at New York University School of Law, untangles the GSE Foolishness and why the D.C. Circuit Should Upend the Treasury’s Net Worth Sweep. (Forbes)
- David H. Stevens, President and CEO of the Mortgage Bankers association, says we need to move Past Recap and Release. (TheHill)
- David Fiderer takes a long look at the Perry Capital Appeal and how they’ve devolved into non-sense. (Fiderer on GSEs)
Latest posts by Steve Vrionis (see all)
- Buffett on What Risks Could Take Down: Berkshire Hathaway Inc. - May 12, 2017 07:26 AM PST
- Why the AIG Ruling Is No Drag for Federal National Mortgage Association(OTCMKTS:FNMA) & Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp(OTCMKTS:FMCC) Investors - May 10, 2017 09:09 AM PST
- Amazon.com, Inc.(NASDAQ:AMZN): Warren Buffett said you shouldn’t have missed this Jeff Bezos Interview - May 9, 2017 08:29 AM PST