Quick Bytes Fri Jun 10th TSLA, GOOG, OIL, AAPL, URBN
A quick digest of what’s hot and trending for Friday, June 10th. Here are your quick bytes (yes we know it is bites):
- Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) responds to rumors of suspension problems saying there is no safety defect. Tesla in a blog post blames a blogger Edward Niedermayer, saying he fabricated the issue and point out that he wrote a blog post titled “Tesla Death Watch” on May 19th, 2008. Tesla claims the NHTSA has’t even started a preliminary evaluation.
- DoctoRx, in a SeekingAlpha article, looks at Bloomberg’s Everything’s a Buy and takes the opposite view point as he believe there are increasing signs of a US recession.
- Crude sinks below $50 a barrel again.
- Alphabet Inc(NASDAQ:GOOG)‘s Eric Schmidt dismisses fears of AI raised by Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk. Schmidt takes the very simple viewpoint that humans would notice if computers get so smart they are a risk and start turning off computers. (BusinessInsider)
- Google’s crazy smartphone project, Tango, may finally becoming a reality for consumers as it teams up with Lenovo to launch the monster 6.4 inch Phab2 in September. The Phab2 using depth sensors and motion tracking and will be $499 and include 25 Tango-enabled Augmented Reality Apps. (BusinessInsider)
- Marketwatch believes any launches at WWDC by Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) will be super boring and in a good way, taking a cue from a recent comments that Apple’s product lines had become too complex and confusing.
- Urban Outfitters, Inc.(NASDAQ:URBN) stock tumbled more than 7 percent as the company reported same-store sales dropped instead of rose as analyst expected. (Marketwatch)
Latest posts by Steve Vrionis (see all)
- Buffett on What Risks Could Take Down: Berkshire Hathaway Inc. - May 12, 2017 07:26 AM PDT
- Why the AIG Ruling Is No Drag for Federal National Mortgage Association(OTCMKTS:FNMA) & Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp(OTCMKTS:FMCC) Investors - May 10, 2017 09:09 AM PDT
- Amazon.com, Inc.(NASDAQ:AMZN): Warren Buffett said you shouldn’t have missed this Jeff Bezos Interview - May 9, 2017 08:29 AM PDT