Samsung Galaxy S5 Unpacked Soon?
So if the recent rumors (SamMobile) are to be believed the Galaxy S5 device will have a fingerprint sensor and could be even more aggressively priced than the previous Galaxy S Series models in the US. Beyond the obvious “sharper display” and “improved camera and battery” features we have the current low down as we get closer to the rumored release at Mobile World Congress. (Device pictured is concept)
These come from SamMobile:
- 5.25” in display of 1440×2560 resolution “Prime” model, Standard model may have 1080p screen
- Exynos 6 octa-core / quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor
- 3 GB of memory
- 32 or 64 GB of storage and microSD slot
- 16 megapixel rear camera
- 3.2-megapixel front facing camera
- 3,200 mAh battery
- Android 4.4 KitKat with a “refined user interface”
Expected to come in 2 models
There is expected to be a standard device with 1080p and more premium model with potentially a 2K display. Reports also indicate a metallic and plastic variant.
“Unpacked 5”, Device to debut February 24th
Samsung has previously announced an upcoming event at Mobile World Congress on February 24th called “Unpacked 5”, which is rumored to be unveiling of the Samsung Galaxy S5. They will also likely roll out New Galaxy Gear devices at the event.